Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Keto Chicken Salad

 I'm crazy about this salad! My daughter, Jamie, and I had it at a local restaurant in Beavercreek, Ohio called the Cherry House Cafe and immediately loved it. I told myself I had to write down all the ingredients so I could try and  duplicate it. Well, I hit it on the mark! I've already fixed it 3 times and it tastes exactly like their salad. I'll try to get a better picture next time. It was much prettier before I mixed it up!


Keto Chicken Salad - low carb with lots of protein

Ingredients

Salad Greens (I use Romaine and spinach)

Chicken, cooked (I use frozen grilled chicken pieces or strips)

Bacon, cooked & broken into small pieces 

Cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Red onion, sliced (soaked in cold water to take out the hotness) or you could use Vidalia sweet onion or sliced green onions

Avocado, cut into ½" squares

Cheddar cheese, grated 

Toasted slivered almonds (I added this and love the crunch!

Ranch Salad Dressing (I make up the dressing with the spices from the ranch packets and it's so much better than bottled dressing. You add mayonnaise and cream or half and half.

Optimal: hard boiled eggs, if you want even more protein

I put greens on each plate and then pile the ingredients on top of each one, rather than make 1 big bowl of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment