Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Newsboy Cap in Positively Crochet

Newsboy Cap in
Positively Crochet!


The picture of this hat in the book, Positively Crochet! shows the model wearing a belt to match. The publisher did not have room to put that pattern in the book so they asked me to put the pattern here on my blog. The pattern for the belt is here.

I used Lion Brand BouclĂ© Solids yarn on this project. It is a super bulky yarn which causes the pattern to go much faster, but at the same time, it's more difficult to see the stitches and you kind of have to go by "feel". This is not as hard as it sounds and doesn't take long to get the hang of it. One reason this hat is much easier that anything  else that's round or in a circle, is because there are "sets" of stitches that you work, then there's a ridge, then you do the exact same set of sts over and over all around, so you're not having to count a lot of sts around the whole circle, which is so easy to lose count somertimes, as I'm sure you know. See more info below. 


Newsboy Cap

Crochet
August 2007
Lion Brand Boucle Solid
Super Bulky (5-6 wpi) ?
Flag of EnglishEnglish 

Even though boucle yarn makes it difficult to see the stitches, this hat is worked in such as way that makes it very easy to follow.
I found an error on round 1, so please see the corrections on my blog HERE before making this hat. A section in parentheses was left off.

You may be like me and do not like working with boucle yarn. It seems like it would be difficult to work especially in the round with this hat. But it’s not as difficult as you may think. You do have to kind of feel the stitches, but it’s not hard to keep up with the number of stitches, because there is a space between each set of stitches that make up a pie shape. Just as the puff stitches do that with the purple newsboy cap (making it easy to count) that’s what the spaces do on the pink hat. You can’t see the spaces right now because when I was finished making it, I took yarn and wove it through the spaces, making a ridge as I was covering up the holes.

Many have asked about the belt shown. The instructions for the belt are not in the book, but they are listed on my blog HERE.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment