Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Bohemian Style Purse

Bohemian Style Purse
Free Pattern by
Mary Jane Hall


This Bohemian Style Shoulderbag (see pattern below) is another one of the patterns I created for Hobby Lobby a few years ago. These  were given as a free pattern to customers, hoping they would purchase the Hobby Lobby yarn I used to create the design. Really, you could use just about any yarn to make this purse, but keep in mind,  if you are a beginner, using a smaller weight yarn than this bulky yarn I used would make a smaller purse. Or if you want a larger bag than this, you could use extra bulky yarn or even work the pattern with 2 strands of yarn together.

This is a super easy beginner pattern, and the tassels make it fun! Actually it reminds me of the purses from the 70's. Or if you want to make it look more like a colorful "Hippie Bag", it would be cool to crochet each row (or round) in a different vibrant color!

I probably would not have chosen a fuzzy yarn for this, but I had to come up with designs using  yarns Hobby Lobby headquarters sent me. Most of the yarn they sent was furry or fuzzy. I figured they wanted to showcase yarns that weren't selling as well.

I did 7 designs for their tear sheets and at one time Hobby Lobby had all the free patterns online, but they no longer have those posted. So that's why I am adding the free pattern here. The bag is worked in the round, having less seams to sew. Hopefully you will
be able to print this pattern. 

This pattern is copyrighted, so please do not sell the pattern. You are welcome to sell your projects made from this pattern.



2 comments: