Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, January 21, 2019

Crochet Retreat - Chicago, Illinois

I am way behind in posting about this retreat I was privileged to be a part of in October of 2013. 
They asked me to be the key note speaker/designer for this event, and it was a huge honor for me. 
(See Photos Below)
Since I am an author also of crochet books, I was asked to talk about my signature method of making fitted and flattering crochet garments without having to use increases or decreases. I call this my Graduated Stitch Method and it has been popular and accepted worldwide. In fact the book I introduced this method in, Crochet That Fits, was  voted "Best Crochet Pattern Book of 2008". I believe that was due to the fact my method is so fun and easy for crocheters who have only made afghans, scarves, wash cloths and potholders. I've received 100's of letters from people thanking me and excited about making garments for the first time ever. Some have even been crocheting for over 40 years. This book has been published in other languages too. If you haven't heard of my method, please look into it. You will thank me. I enjoy making crochet easier for people, especially beginners. 

The lodge lit up at night
Another nice lodge at
the same location
Deck at the lodge
Walking back to the lodge
After eating lunch or dinner
 in the dining hall
One of the Hiking Trails

One of the attendees showing off the American Doll dress she made learning my Graduated Stitch Method that I introduced in Crochet That Fits
(See book at right)
This doll dress is made exactly like my adult size "Little
 Black Dress" shown on the front cover of my book
Crochet That Fits
Another attendee showing
the Barbie sized dress she made with my
Graduated Stitch Method
of making fitted garments with NO
increases or decreases

This is the dining hall where we are breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday on the 3 days we were at the retreat. Wonderful food!




No comments:

Post a Comment