Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping GF

The Best Sweet Potato Casserole

I've tasted a lot of sweet potato dishes, but this is my absolute favorite to have with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Some are way too sweet and this one has just the right amount of sweetness. I experimented till I came up with the perfect blend of ingredients. It's a must with a turkey or ham dinner!
Even though this is good with orange sweet potatoes, I prefer the oriental sweet potatoes that are white on the inside.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3-4 large sweet potatoes

1 small can crushed pineapple, drained (sometimes I use only ½ the can)

½ cup sugar (or less)

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

2-3 Tb butter

¼ cup cream or milk

Topping

1 cup coconut

1 cup pecans, chopped

¼-½ cup butter 

You can add a little sugar & flour if you like, but I make this gluten free (without wheat flour) and its just as good as the original. I get asked to make this all the time! Not only for Thanksgiving and Christmas but throughout the year as well. I don't think I've ever seen another recipe with pineapple, but believe me, it's one of the ingredients that makes this dish so special!

2 comments: