Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Coconut Curry Thai Chicken or Shrimp Soup

 

My Version of Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
and Chicken served over Rice

 This recipe came from Aicha, the co-founder of 100krecipes.com. Their goal is to create easy recipes that are also healthy. I LOVE this recipe, but the second time I made it, I did change some things to make it more for my taste. Click the link below for the original recipe, but below that is what I did differently to make it even better.

https://100krecipes.com/thai-coconut-soup/

I made this Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp and Chicken for my daughter, Jamie and her family. My sister, DonnaGay, ate it too, when she was visiting me. Everyone loved it! I love it too!

I've made this type of soup before, but this is the very best recipe! I served it with rice. Just can't get enough of it!

Below are the things I I changed about the original recipe at 100k Recipes.

1. Instead of red curry paste I used about 2 Tb of powdered yellow curry (or more)

2. I added chicken with the shrimp

3. I added red sweet pepper the last 5 minutes. Make sure it's not too soft.

4. Added a little garlic powder

5. Only used 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger instead of 2.

6. Added chopped green onions on top of the soup in each individual bowl.

Next time I will:

1. Use coconut oil instead of olive oil

2. 3 cans of coconut milk (or cream) instead of just 2 cans



https://pin.it/76VAaMi

No comments:

Post a Comment