Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 24, 2019

Purse Lover's Scarf

Purse Lover's Scarf by
Marry Jane Hall
I don't think I've met many women or girls who aren't crazy about purses. Call them whatever you want - purse, bag, tote, carry-all, hand bag, market bag, fanny pack, back pack, clutch purse or pocketbook, as my father in law used to say. There are 1,000's of different designs out there for all kinds of bags and new ones cropping up everyday. One thing for sure is that I don't think purses will ever go out of style. How would we carry all our personal items? Purses are just as much for style or a fashion statement as they are as a necessity.

Since purses are so popular with females of all ages, I had the idea to showcase some small applique purses to apply to a scarf. The true purse collector really loves this scarf! You could add the appliques to many other projects as well.

The appliques are not difficult to mak

The scarf itself is a nice crochet stitch pattern used a # 4, medium worsted weight yarn, accented with a # 3 cotton thread. I've always loved to mix and match yarns, which makes a project interesting. I used an even smaller crochet thread for the purse appliques. If you've never made a crochet thread project, please don't let this scare you! I went over 40 years of my life without ever attempting to make something out of thread. But with my special Opti light, it's so much easier than I thought to see the small stitches. If you have trouble seeing your stitches, then one of these lights can be life changing and well worth the investment. I think my floor lamp was around $100 a few years ago, and places like JoAnn Fabrics have sales on them once in a while.

If you are interested in this pattern, it is in my book, Positively Crochet, still available on Amazon and other online stores.

1 comment: