Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Cap Sleeve Top - One of my Most Popular Designs Ever

The Cap Sleeve Top has been my favorite design in Crochet That Fits from the start. It's fitted, flattering and a very easy garment to crochet. I like it because it's feminine with pretty lace edging and a flair at the bottom edge. You'll be happy to know this pattern has absolutely NO increases or decreases and is a very easy, fun pattern! In fact, none of the garments or accessories in this book call for increases or decreases. People all over the world who have made only afghans or scarves, because they were intimidated by incs or decs, are now making their own garments. Lots of people think this top is knitted. But one of the main reasons I believe this top is so popular is because it was featured on the Knit and Crochet Now TV Show, produced by Candi Jensen. (More about Candi here) I was able to decide which design I wanted to feature, using my Graduated Stitch Method, and it seemed like a good choice. Brett Bara was the host and Myra Wood demonstrated my method, step by step. with small swatches I had made for the show. She did a great job. If you are interested in seeing that episode with my top and my interview, you can watch it here. Go to the bottom of that page and look for Season 3 - 108. By the way, there's a download there for the free pattern!              

Off the shoulders 



If you are on Ravelryhttps://www.anniescatalog.com/knitandcrochetnow/patterns/detail.html?pattern_id=146&series=2, you know that people can post photos of a project and link it to the designer. (see my page with many other designs here). I'd like to share some of those photos with you, so look below to see what other people have come up with.

It's interesting to see the different yarns, colors and sizes that other people have made. One creative lady, Donna (in the white top) made 3/4 length sleeves, and she told me she wears the top everywhere and gets lots of compliments. Another person entered her top in the local fair and won! Scroll down to see more photos from Ravelry.

My friend, Rachel Petterson modeling the top                    


Photos from Ravelry
If you look to the left you will notice the different ways people have changed this pattern up a bit and I think it's brilliant. Notice the 2 with longer sleeves, one with no sleeves (like a tank top) and the longer tops, which is very easy to do.There's an explanation in the book on how to do this.

See how flattering this top is? It looks great on everyone, no matter what their size. (pattern is xs-3x) It's worked from side to side, and has stretch, for a perfect fit. Can you believe the skill level is Easy or Advanced Beginner?

So what are you waiting for? Get the free pattern for this top now or purchase the book, Crochet That Fits. Maybe you'll like the other designs with my Graduated Stitch Method. Just click on the book cover to be taken to Amazon where you can buy it.
Click here to see 5 * reviews, or to purchase it on Amazon. The "Little Black Dress" is even easier than the top, since it has no lace edging. This is labeled "Beginner".

Link for FREE pattern - Cap Sleeve Top is HERE

 Click here to see more projects I'm not showing on my blog. Wish I had the space

2 comments:

  1. This is in my queue to start soon! I want to see how it turns out in the purple Bernat baby stretch I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have to add this one to my queue. All of the different variations look great, as do the different colours.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete