Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crochet Gathering -Dayton, Ohio 2010

Our local CGOA chapter hosted a very successful event, we called the "Crochet Gathering", in March 2010. They asked me, as well as Ellen Gormley of Cincinnati to be the guest speakers.

Ellen Gormley (left), me (Mary Jane) and Pam Frye (local CGOA president)
 I demonstrated my new method of crocheting fitted and flattering crochet garments without having to use increases or decreases. I call this the Graduated Stitch Method, and that's what my book, Crochet That Fits is all about. The book has been very popular and in fact, it was voted "Best Crochet Pattern Book of 2008". I know it won because of my new method and the fact that people who have crocheted for years but only made afghans and washcloths are now making pretty garments for themselves. 

My display in the center. In this photo are Melody Kelly, her mom, Zelda, Karen Blumberg, Yvonne and Pam Frye
Ellen Gormley showed a display of her beautiful crochet designs. She too, won an award as the "Best Home Decor Crochet Designer for 2008". Since then she has had her very first crochet book released, which is called "Go Crochet!" The book is colorful and full of beautiful new afghan designs. To order the book on Amazon, click on the cover of her book.

Book by Ellen Gormley
This event was held at the Bergamo Center in Beavercreek, Oh. (a suburb of Dayton) We had a fun time with door prizes, lunch, and other talks and demonstrations. We all went home with goody bags full of yarn, patterns, etc. We had planned to make this a yearly event, but we had to skip doing it in 2011, because of busy schedules. 

Renee Huffman modeling my "Lacy Tunic" in Crochet That Fits
The Bergamo Center is a beautiful place with beautiful peaceful rolling hills and trees. They specialize in healthy lunches which are very tasty.
Ellen and me, wearing the Long Lacy Skirt form Crochet That Fits

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary Jane for the shout out! I had a great time with your Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen! Happy to support you and your book :)

    ReplyDelete