Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Classic Chicken Divine

  1. Classic Chicken Divine
    This is a classic recipe popular in the 1950's and 1960's. My mom fixed it regularly when I was growing up. Recently I posted about it on Facebook and some of my friends asked for the recipe. Many of the recipes on Pinterest do not call for curry powder and some call for mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup. I'm sure it's great that way too, but in my opinion, this is the best recipe. I hope you enjoy it!

  2. INGREDIENTS
  3. 20 oz frozen broccoli or a  lg fresh bunch of broccoli
  4. 2-3 cups Chicken breasts, slightly cooked & cubed (it will cook more in the oven, so no need to cook it more than 10 minutes)
  5. 2 cans Campbell's cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  6. ½-1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise (I use 1 cup)
  7. 1½ tsps fresh lemon juice (to taste)
  8. ½ tsp curry powder (or more to taste)
  9. 1 cup shredded original Velveeta cheese ( can use sharp cheddar cheese but I like Velveeta better)
  10. 1-2 cups bread crumbs
  11. 3 tbsp butter, melted
Directions 
Preheat oven to 350°. Thaw frozen broccoli, but don't cook it. If you are using fresh broccoli steam it just till tender, but not too long because it will cook more in the oven; drain. Arrange in greased shallow casserole pan. I use my glass 9"x13" pan. Layer cut up chicken on top of
Broccoli. Combine lemon juice, soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and cheese. Spread evenly over chicken. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over top. Bake for 30 minutes or til brown on top. I like to serve this on top of rice. Serve immediately.






1 comment:

  1. All of your recipes look and sound so good! This is another one that I need to try out soon.

    ReplyDelete