Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Dominique Dress Overlay in Colorful Crochet Lace by Mary Jane Hall

Today I want to feature the Dominique Dress Overlay in my new book, Colorful Crochet Lace. This is meant to be worn over another dress, over leggings or can be used as a swinsuit cover. Even though it is not real colorful to me, I wanted to have some projects in the book that may appeal to thos people who prefer a warm or pastel color pallette. As you may know by now, my favorite color pallette is medium cool colors.

Dominique Dress Overlay by Mary Jane Hall
from Colorful Crochet Lace

The yarn is nice and easy to work with. It's Tahki Cotton Classics Lite, a # 2 sport wt in 100 % cotton with a slight sheen in color # 4253 - wheat.  I wrote this pattern for sizes small - 3x. Beginning ch is at the top, and I give instructions on how to make this into a crop top, a tunic and even a skirt by eliminating the straps. I tried it on my mannequin and the top area right below the straps fit the waist perfectly. I made a slit opening in the back at the waist so it would easily go over the hips. If you wanted a maxi overlay to go over another maxi skirt all you have to do is keep adding rows! As you can see by my photos, it looks good worn with or without a belt! Try wearing a belt at the waist also.

Dominique Dress Overlay by Mary Jane Hall in Colorful Crochet Lace
Close-up view of Dominique Dress Overlay in back
To read more about Colorful or to order, please go to this link:http://www.amazon.com/Colorful-Crochet-Lace-Garments-Accessories/dp/1620336987/ref=pd_sim_b_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y6KZHCJC5HWRAS3RED3

1 comment: