Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Veg - All Casserole


Veg All Casserole

Given to me years ago by my southern friend from Athens, Georgia Diane Moore
One of my favorite recipes!

http://photos.sparkpeople.com/8/9/892758083.jpg
I fix this for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Combine first 7 ingredients and put in greased 2 qt. casserole dish.

  1. 1 (1 lb) canned whole corn, drained
  2. 2 (1 lb) cans Veg-all, drained
  3. 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
  4. 1/2 small onion, chopped
  5. 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
  6. 3/4 cup of Hellmann's mayonnaise
  7. 3/4 cup of sour cream
  8. 1 package Town House or Ritz crackers, crushed (Town House are more buttery!)
  9. 1 stick melted butter

Mix all ingredients except crackers and butter and place in greased casserole dish. Spread crushed crackers mixed with 1 stick melted butter and pour over vegetable mixture. Bake at 350 until it bubbles.(20 - 25 minutes) I love this recipe! I think the original one my friend gave me did not have sour cream, but my mom added it and we like it that way.

You can substitute french fried onions for the crackers but I like the crackers best

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! I used to make it all the time but haven't lately. Guess what they will be eating for Sunday dinner? Thanks for jarring my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Charlotte! Yes, it is so good :)

    ReplyDelete