Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Turkey Meatball Recipe

Turkey Meatballs

I'm trying to eat healthy and have been looking for low fat recipes on the web. I found several recipes for turkey meatballs but decided to come up with my own with ingredients I like. They were pretty tasty and I will definitely make them again! See below the baked broccoli and parsley potatoes I made to go with the meatballs. (found the broccoli recipe on Pinterest)

Turkey Meatballs with Cheese
 Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet on medium high and cook the onions, green pepper and mushrooms till soft.
In a bowl stir together turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, Worcestershire, carrot, zucchini, cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Add cooked onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Mix well. Form into small balls & set aside till you are ready to cook them.

Heat about 1 - 2 Tbs of oil in a large skillet on medium high or till hot. Cook for about 10 minutes on each side or till cooked through and brown. Make sure they are brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and serve! These taste pretty good! Serve with potatoes and a vegetable.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • ½ cups bread crumbs or Panko
  • 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
  • 1 egg
  • ½ teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
  • ½ carrot, shredded
  • 2 Tbs green pepper, chopped
  • ¼ cup shredded zucchini
  • ¼ cup onion, chopped
  • ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp dried parsley
  • ¼ tsp dried basil
Optional – ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms, 1 chopped green onion

No comments:

Post a Comment