Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Leapin' Lizards Scarf

Leapin' Lizards Scarf
I'm sorry! I know this is my own original design but I have to say, I love this scarf! One reason is because it's green (one of my favorite colors) and the other reason is because it's textured. I've always loved textured crochet. It's made with a very pretty Yarn Bee bulky yarn called Icelandic Jewels by Hobby Lobby. This yarn has small specks of other colors, kind of like a tweed, but the colors are tiny little shiny ribbons! I'm not even sure if they still carry that yarn.

This scarf was published in a book called Big Hook Crochet. I have to tell you, if you're looking for a quick project, this is not it! I love designing quick and easy projects, but this scarf with basically all bobble stitches is pretty time consuming. I still love it though!

Big Hook Crochet

When I see this scarf, it reminds me of my sister being in the hospital. I sat right there next to her hospital bed working away. You know how you think of where you were when you see or hear about certain things from your past? You know exactly what you were doing and where you were at that moment. For instance, when JFK was killed I was sitting in class. I'll never forget that or Mrs McClain. She used to tell me I had pretty eyes. That was a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it!

To see the scarf on Ravelry and read more about it click here.
Wish you could see this pretty yarn up close!

No comments:

Post a Comment