Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crochet That Fits Translated into Polish

I was very surprised to find the Polish version of Crochet That Fits in my mailbox yesterday. I had no idea my publisher (F+W / Krause) was doing that. I'm just as intrigued as to why Polish. I looked crocheters from Poland up on the web and found lots of support for crochet in that country. In fact a famous crochet designer, Agata Olek, is a native of Poland, living in New York City. You just have to see her work. It's wild! Scroll down to see more Polish crochet designs and designers.

Agata Olek

Then I found a website on Lacemaking in Poland. You can see more beautiful work here.


Other interesting sites: People from Poland and crochet
1. Dorota's Etsy Store - nice crochet items!
2 Frezje's Etsy Shop - Cute doll dresses! (scroll down to see crochet)
3. Eva Crochet - Pretty filet crochet       
4. Kroowka - More Polish lace on Etsy
5. Vintage Victorian Crochet - I found this quote on "crochet was quickly picked up from the French by Polish thread workers and many of the lace patterns were designed, and are still made, in Poland."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment