Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crochet Tip: "OK To Wash It" Fabric Glue to Weave in Yarn Ends

Using “OK To Wash It” Fabric Glue

Using OK To Wash It fabric glue is great for securing loose ends. How many times have you had your ends come loose, changing the look of your finished garments? This glue is especially helpful when you are using slippery cord or yarn that splits easily. Just pull the loose end and put a tiny drop on the yarn with your fingers, placing glue on the part that will be hidden "inside" the stitches. Let go of the loose end, and it will pull itself back into the stitch where it will not show. Try not to get too much glue on the yarn, so it will not seep through.
You may not need to use this tip to secure your loose ends on a finished project, when the work is tightly woven. But sometimes when you purposely use a much larger hook and your work is loose, open or lacy, there's just not much you can to to make sure the ends you have woven in don't come out. That's why I use this fabric glue to secure the ends many times. My good friend and fellow designer, Annette Stewart, taught me this trick a few years ago and I don't know how I ever went without it! It's a must when your work is loose and open. You can buy it at any major fabric or craft store, such as Jo-Anns Fabric and Crafts.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! So sorry it took me this long to reply! Some of the comments go to my email and some don't and I don't know why.

      Delete
  2. All the great things are simple!
    What a great tip! Thank you, Mary Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot for the tip! can you use it to glue yarn to large areas? for example, glueing a large knitted or crocheted flower to a canvass bag? just wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, but I do not know the answer to your question about gluing a flower onto fabric. Can't believe I'm just now seeing your question! Did you try to glue something like that? I'd really like to know the answer if you have.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much. Made a shrug, huge hook, open stitch and those blasted ends just won't stay hidden. Was going to try glue but wasn't sure which one to use. Off to buy this product. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a Bunch ������

    I've been having Big problems with my ends . . .��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have another question about weaving in ends?

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It makes me happy to know I can help
      those who have questions. One of my passions is to help make crochet easier for people!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, it can be washed. That's why they're calling it "Ok To Wash It". That's another glue I use when weaving in ends too. And outs the Fabric glue.

      Delete
    2. Sorry. I need to clarify since I can't edit that comment.

      Yes, it can be washed. That's why they're calling it "Ok To Wash It". There is another glue I use when weaving in ends too. And the front of the bottle says Fabric glue. Both these glues are ok to be washed.

      Delete