Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sneak Peak of my Crochet Cowl

I recently made an afghan square in an Aran stitch pattern with Cables and decided I like the texture so much that I wanted to make a cowl with the same pattern stitch. This is not a quick pattern, but is fairly easy. I'm using Cascade 220 100% wool, bought at my local yarn shop, Fiberworks in Beavercreek. I'm not crazy about the stiffness of this wool, but am going to use a solution, called Eucalan, specifically made to soften wool. I think it's really important to use very soft yarn for a scarf or cowl that will be close to the neck and face. Cascade has many colors available but I already had the tan. The cowl is finished, but I'm waiting for my model to have a day off work, so we can have a photo shoot. I'll post photos as soon as I can. The pattern will be available soon!

UPDATE: The Cabled Cowl - 7 patterns in one! is now available to be purchased. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this up for sale The reason is because I lost my handwritten pattern and looked for it for several months. One day I found it by accident and was so happy. I've had many people email or contact me through Ravelry, saying they want to buy this and are eager to get started. I can't believe I finally have it ready! If you are one of those people, I hope you didn't give up!



No comments:

Post a Comment