Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, June 28, 2024

Cheesy Tuna Rice Muffins

Cheesy Tuna Rice Muffins
with Lemon Butter Sauce

I don'tthink there's anyone on this planet who could love tuna more than I do! I love it any way I can get it. 

Tuna Salad Sandwiches

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tuna Quiche

Tuna Melts

And one of my all time favorites is Tuna Rice Muffins! I found this tastey recipe in a Workbasket magazine way back in the 1970's. That small magazine had mostly knit and crochet patterns in it, as well as a few other crafts, but it also had several recipes in it that readers sent in. The first time I tried this recipe in the 1970's, I instantly fell in love with them and the lemon/buttery sauce you pour over them is what makes them one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten. By the way, I love black olives too. These muffins are a pretty quick meal to make along with a vegetable, such as corn or broccoli on the side. I hope you like this recipe!

Cheesy Tuna Rice Muffins (with buttery lemon sauce)

Ingredients

Tuna Muffins

  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 can 6.5oz tuna, drained
  • 1-1½ Tablespoon sweet onion or green onions, chopped
  • 1 tsp parsley flakes
  • teaspoon seasoning salt
  • eggs beaten
  • 2 Tablespoon milk
  • 3/4 cup sliced olives 

Lemon Butter Sauce

  • ¼ butter, melted
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • Note: you may want to make more of this sauce because in my opinion, it's what makes it! Somertimes I double it.

Preheat oven to 375ยบ (400 in my oven) . Mix first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Spray muffin pan (or pie plate if you want to make it into a crustless quiche). Fill each muffin cup to the edge. I get 7 muffins when I make this. Bake in oven 15-30 minutes till they are firm and starting to brown a little on top. Let cool and pour lemon sauce on individual muffins. If the butter sauce has congealed, that's ok. Just put about ½ tsp (or more) on top. Enjoy!

1 comment: