Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 13, 2022

Italian Pasta Hamburger Helper

 *Easy One Pot 30 Minute Meal*

I normally spend 2-3 hrs in the kitchen, cooking, eating and then cleaning up but lately I've been trying to fix dishes that don't take quite as long. This is a delicious, easy one! I couldn't find a recipe with ingredients I wanted to use, so  I came up with it in my own. It was a hit!

30 Minute Italian Pasta
One Pot Meal 

Italian Pasta Hamburger Helper (serves about 6 hungry people)

* 1-1½ lbs ground beef

* 12 oz spiral pasta (also called rotini or corkscrew)

* ½-¾ cup onion chopped

* 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped

* 1 cup mushrooms, optional

* 1-10oz can Rotel (tomatoes +         chilis) or 1 can diced tomatoes,         undrained

* 1- 6oz can tomato paste or tomato      sauce

* 4 cups beef broth (or chicken   broth)

Note: if it looks like there won't be enough liquid to cook pasta, add a little water. It does not have to be completely covered with water. The steam with the lid on should coook it, but make sure to stir it occasionally.

* Spices to taste - salt, pepper,               oregano, basil, paprika, parsley,          garlic powder, onion powder

* Optional: Greek yogurt  (full fat),       sour cream, half and half or           cream cheese (if you want thisd dish to be creamy)

* Mozzarella or cheddar cheese (to        add at end or put on each                    serving)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cook ground beef in large 12" skillet. Drain fat. 

2. Add onions, mushrooms and garlic cooking til tender. 

3. Add Rotel and tomato paste. Stir and add spices. I added 1 tsp of sugar too. 

4. Add broth and pasta. Cover with lid, heating till pasta is tender, stirring occasionally, 13- 15 minutes. 

5. Add cheese to top or on each serving. You can put sliced green onions or fresh parsley on top for color.



No comments:

Post a Comment