Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Big Mac Casserole

Delicious Big Mac Casserole

I looked at several different recipes on Pinterest for this casserole. One I saw didn't have biscuits on top. So if you're trying to eat low carb, that's good, but since I was making it for growing boys, I wasn't worried about the biscuits. They absolutely loved it and are already asking me to make it again sometime. I took ingredients from 2 different recipes, so thought I'd better write it down in case I can't remember next time which ingredients I used tonight.

Big Mac Casserole

Big Mac Casserole
serves 6

Note: Before you start anything, make the special sauce (recipe below) because you'll need to put 1-2 Tbsp of it in the meat mixture.

Preheat oven to 350º.

Meat Mixture
1½-2 lbs lean ground beef
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
½-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes (Or fresh chopped sweet onion)
1 tsp dried garlic 
1Tbsp of the Special sauce below
See other ingredients below. I listed them in sections.

Cook the ground beef & drain the grease. Add dried onion, dried garlic, ½ cup cheddar cheese, 1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce & 1 Tbsp of the Special sauce. Save the other 1½ cups of cheddar cheese & the mozzarella to put on top of the meat mixture after its in the casserole dish.

Other ingredients not in the meat or the sauce
Sliced hamburger dill pickles (to go under the biscuits before it is cooked)
1 can biscuits (I bought the flaky biscuits at Aldi, about the size of Grands. I bought flaky in case I needed to take some apart to put on all the top of the casserole. I ended up doing that, because there weren't enough to go over the entire top.
 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Shredded lettuce
Chopped sweet Vidalia onion

Special Sauce
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard
2 tsps sweet pickle relish
1 tsp  Worcestershire sauce

Mix up the sauce & add 1 tablespoon to the meat mixture, reserving the rest to put on top of the lettuce after the casserole is done.

Instructions
After cooking the ground beef and adding ingredients stated above (minus 1½ cheddar cheese and mozzarella), put the beef mixture in a casserole dish that is larger than 9"x9", but maybe not as large as a  9"x13". I used a Corning ware oval white casserole dish. If you don't have a dish smaller than a 13x9, then go ahead and use that one. The meat mixture and cheese will just be more spread out. If you use only 1 lb of ground beef and have less people than 6 to feed, go ahead and use a 9"x9" pan.
After you have put the meat mixture in the casserole dish, put the rest of the cheese (1½ cup cheddar and mozzarella) on top of that  and spread out. 
Place sliced dill pickles all over top of the cheese. Now put biscuits all over the top of the pickles, pulling some of the biscuits apart to make sure all the pickles are covered. 
Place sesame seeds on top of biscuits.

Cook at 350º for 20-25 minutes. The biscuits weren't quite done after 20 minutes, so I cooked it longer. If you need to cook it longer than 25 minutes to make sure the center biscuits aren't gummy inside, make sure the top doesn't get too brown. I actually think I had the oven  at 360º instead of 350.

When ready to serve, place some chopped lettuce and chopped sweet onion on a plate. Drizzle some special sauce on top of that. Then with a big spatula, put some of the casserole on top of the lettuce. 
We also drizzled special sauce over the top of the biscuit. 
This is so good!







2 comments: