Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Sock Pattern




Thank you so much for being patient with me on the sock pattern! I thought I would get it finished up today, but it's not quite done. I actually have the pattern typed up, but just need to work on putting the tutorial with pictures. I thought about posting the pattern today without that, but just want to have it all done at the same time. The socks are easy but it has been more difficult than I thought writing it up. One reason is because I have figured up sizes for Womens size 4-12 and men's size 6-14. That part is not easy for me. I don't like math so it's the hardest part of writing a pattern when you want more than one size. I'm not left brain, if you know what I mean! I'm getting up early in the morning so I can finish everything  and I'll do my best to have the pattern posted by tomorrow afternoon. You don't haveto worry about not getting the pattern. I will make sure you all get it before i put it up for sale! Hope you like it.

                                                                           
Close up of the lace edging


This is what the shaping looks like with the GSM. You work sc on the same row as the hdc, and sometimes even tr or dbtr will be on the same row with a sc. I also  came up with a htr and a hdbtr, that act as a "bridge" to the next taller st, just like what the hdc does from a sc to a dc. It wasn't in any books prior to the writing of Crochet That Fits, but since that book was published, I have seen other designers use the htr and hdbtr.


 

1 comment:

  1. Starting this today, MaryJane! I tried linking the pattern on Ravelry, but it doesn't seem to be in their database yet.Will post pics ASAP. THANKS SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete