1. How long have you been crocheting and when did you start designing professionally?
I first learned the basics of crochet at my Mother's knee at about the age of 12 or so, but I never really "got it" until I was about 18, when I found a book that had both right and left handed instructions. Since I am left handed, it really helped me get comfortable with the skill, and I have been stitching ever since!
|Free pattern - My favorite!|
2. What do you specialize in? What is your niche, so to speak?I specialize in wearables and accessories, though I have done design work for babies and several afghans.
3. Where have your designs been published and what is the publication or design you are most proud of?My work has been included in several issues of Crochet World, Crochet! Magazine, the One Skein Wonder books, Interweave Crochet, Leisure Arts publications, Go Crafty! publications, Crochet 1-2-3, Caron Yarns, International, and several self-published patterns under my own Crochet Renee' Designs label.
4. Do you work at designing full time? How do you do everything you do, and have you ever felt burned out?
|Free Pattern at Caron International|
5. Where can we see your designs?I have a page on my website where I post pictures of most of my designs, at www.crochetrenee.com
6. Are you a member of Ravelry and if so, what's your Ravelry ID? I'm sure crocheters and knitters will want to connect with you.
8. What are your interests other than crochet or knitting? (hobbies, what you did before you became a designer. etc)I have done a little bit of everything, including woodworking, wood-turning, drawing, painting, pastels, spinning yarn, weaving, sewing, embroidery, cross stitch, decoupage, reading, horseback riding, hiking, camping and cooking. Whew!
9. Do you have a website or blog you can share with everyone?
|From Crochet! Magazine -Web|
10. In a sentence, what is a word of advice you could give aspiring young crocheters who may have a dream of designing professionally?In a sentence? Set some goals, get organized and always meet your deadlines!
|Renee's Ravelry Store - I love the lace!|
I want to thank Renee' for the interview and especially for her beautiful designs! I can't wait to see what else she comes up with. To see more of her designs visit her page on Ravelry here.