Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Snowman Cheese Ball Recipe-Crochet Scarf-Free Pattern!

It's that time of year when we're all looking for new recipes for holiday parties, so I want to share my Snowman Cheese Ball recipe with you. I made a little crochet scarf for him to wear and am posting the EASY pattern. Wouldn't your crochet group think this is the cutest appetizer?

Snowman Cheese Ball
Free Crochet Scarf Pattern. Can also be used for a doll!

Snowman Cheese Ball
Makes 16 servings—2 TB each. I doubled this recipe for the one in the photo.

1 container (8 oz) Cream Cheese)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Ground cayenne red pepper to taste
1/4 cup 100% grated Parmesan Cheese
Peppercorns or whole allspice for eyes, mouth and buttons
1 baby carrot for nose (I had to cut it down)
2 stick pretzels for arms

1. Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chives(or green onions) toasted almonds and red pepper untill well blended; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight
2. Divide mixture into 3 different sized balls (1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large) Coat with Parmesan cheese. Arrange on serving platter in a line to resemble a snowman lying down. Decorate with peppercorns or allspice for eyes, mouth and buttons. Add carrot for the nose. (Note: you could also use raisins or cranberries (cut up) for the buttons, eyes etc).
Place pretzels on snowman for arms
3. Serve with crackers.

(Crochet instructions at bottom of page.)


  Tip: Crochet a little scarf to tie around snowman's neck or cut out a scarf with felt and cut ends for fringe. You can even buy a little black hat at most craft stores.

To make snowman's crochet scarf:
Row 1: With worsted wt yarn and a G or H hook, ch 3, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, ch 1 turn - 2 sc
Row 2 - ???? -Sc in 1st 2 sc, ch 1, turn - 2 sc
Add fringe to ends of scarf
Sorry, I don't remember how many rows I did. I gave the scarf to my grandaughter for her dolls after we ate the snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment