Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sun and Sand Tote - Beach Bag in Crochet Today! Magazine

This tote was published in the July/August 2009 issue of Crochet Today! Magazine. I had to have emergency surgery on my ripped esophagus and was in the hospital for 16 days about the time this beach bag was due. I had planned to use metal rings, but they were way too heavy. Then I looked for plastic rings, but they were too thick. When I was in the hospital, on Morphine, and wondering what I was going to use for the rings, a friend looked at the tubing used for my IV's and suggested I look for plastic tubing at Lowe's and that's exactly what I did! It was inexpensive and pretty easy to cut and put together. Crochet Today magazine put my instructions on how to do the rings on their website, but it's no longer there, so I'm posting those instructions below. I really enjoyed designing this bag!

Photo from Crochet Today! Magazine





No comments:

Post a Comment