Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sun and Sand Tote - Beach Bag in Crochet Today! Magazine

This tote was published in the July/August 2009 issue of Crochet Today! Magazine. I had to have emergency surgery on my ripped esophagus and was in the hospital for 16 days about the time this beach bag was due. I had planned to use metal rings, but they were way too heavy. Then I looked for plastic rings, but they were too thick. When I was in the hospital, on Morphine, and wondering what I was going to use for the rings, a friend looked at the tubing used for my IV's and suggested I look for plastic tubing at Lowe's and that's exactly what I did! It was inexpensive and pretty easy to cut and put together. Crochet Today magazine put my instructions on how to do the rings on their website here. I really enjoyed designing this bag!

Photo from Crochet Today! Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment