Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fashion Shows Featuring my Designs

In November of 2007, I held my very first fashion show and it was one of the most exciting events in my designing career! The Greene County library ordered 7 copies of Positively Crochet! for their various libraries in the county, and Karl Colon (GCPL Director) asked me if I would hold an event there, advertising my books. Of course I was thrilled and I quickly had the idea of doing a fashion show. I knew I had plenty of willing models, ages 5 - 50, who had been in my crochet classes. Some are also hired by me to test my crochet designs before publication. Some of my contract crocheters participated also.

This was such a fun event! We had lots of door prizes, and refreshments. Several of the stores in town, such as Michael's Arts and Crafts, Busy Beaver Arts and CraftsJoAnn Fabrics, and Fiberworks were so kind and willing to donate yarn, books or notions for the prizes we gave away.  I also did book signings. It was wonderful to see all the people from the community come out to support me. There was standing room only in a room that holds a little over 100 people. The setting was perfect with a stage and plenty of room to mingle. People have been asking me when I'm going to have my next fashion show. I have planned to do that ever since Crochet That Fits (voted "Best Crochet Pattern Book of 2008") was released, but I've had to put those plans on hold, due to some circumstances in my life. I'm not giving up on the idea though, and will try to do the show later this year.

See photos and media coverage below of the event. I will be adding photos of the fashion show over the next few days and weeks, as well as a slide show of the event that you can view. Photos of the TNNA fashion show (San Diego, Ca) my "Little Black Dress" was in will come later, so keep coming back!







8 1/2" x 11" Flier 
for the event










No comments:

Post a Comment