Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Berroco Yarn Co. Features Positively Crochet!

I believe that one of the main reasons Positively Crochet has been so popular, is because of the Ivory Shell Stitch sweater on the front cover. As a matter of fact, I have had 100's of emails from people who told me they bought the book because of this sweater. One lady wrote and said, "My teenage daughter is looking over my shoulder right now and saying, "I HAVE to have that sweater!" I've heard many similar comments, which of course makes all the months of hard work you put into a book worthwhile. I'm sure other authors will agree! By the way, even though the pattern is labeled "Intermediate", my 16 year old pattern tester, Alyssa Denen, made her own sweater (with Caron Simply Soft yarn) and didn't have to ask me even one question!

When I first started working on the book, and contacting yarn companies, Berroco was the first to send me a book of  their yarns so I could actually see and feel each one. Normally, a yarn co. will want you to have the publisher email them saying that the author is under contract with them, before they will donate yarn to a designer, but Berroco agreed to send me the yarn for that sweater before they got an email from my publisher (Krause - a division of F+W). I had no idea which design would be on the front cover, but I suggested to my editor, Erica Swanson, that I thought it should be the Ivory sweater. She (along with their marketing) agreed to put the sweater on the front. Berroco was very generous to donate the Softwist yarn, which was over $100 and I was very happy to tell them that the sweater I made with their yarn ended up on the front cover. It goes to show that you reap what you sow. Being  generous, whether it's a company or an individual, will always result in BEING blessed yourself!  See Berroco's ad in their newsletter below.



































Ad on Berroco's website: http://www.berroco.com/knitbits/knitbits_228_hop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment