Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Four-Button Jacket Design in Crochet! magazine (March 2011 issue)




I designed this Jacket / Sweater (w/ 3/4 length sleeves) back in the summer of 2009. I made it and sent it in for the design contest at the CGOA conference, called Chain Link. It did receive Honorable Mention in the garment category. But Cari Clemont of Caron International yarns told me they were interested in buying this design, and wanted to know if I would restitch it in Naturally Caron Spa. Of course I said yes, and assumed it would be shown on the Caron website. But the tech editor (I believe K J Haye) told me it was due to be in Crochet! magazine. So it's finally been published! This is an intermediate project, but not that difficult. The Cross Stitches used just take a little more time, but the final result is worth it. I love lace so I wanted to incorporate lace into the classic double breasted design, for an updated look. The sleeves are set in and the buttons are crocheted around metal rings. Notice the buttons on the sleeves also. You could makes this longer if you want by adding more rows before you start the underarm area. Sizes small-3x. I absolutely LOVE this yarn! It's a blend of bamboo w/ acrylic, and feels like silk. Very nice to work with!

I will be adding photos of more designs in the next few weeks! Please check back.

2 comments: